Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thai Ground Beef Stir Fry

This is a very simple and easy recipe for a quick dish.  A friend of mine, Anita, was gracious enough to share this recipe with me.  This recipe came from a Thai cooking class that she took years ago.  She told me the ingredients and I adjusted the amount according to my taste as well as adding onion and sweet soy sauce into the ingredients.  This dish tastes better the next day after the ingredients got absorbed into the meat, in my opinion.  If so, you may want to add the green bell pepper and Thai chili when you are ready to eat so they don't get soggy.  You can serve this dish with steamed rice or dry cooked noodle seasoned with some oil so the noodle does not get sticky and the oil gives some fragrant to the noodle.  I usually use fried shallot oil.

Thai Ground Beef Stir Fry



Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
  • 1 medium size onion or half of large one, medium dice
  • 1 green bell pepper, medium dice
  • 2 or 3 Thai chilies (add more if you prefer spicier flavor), small rings
  • 3 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp sweet soy sauce (optional if you don't have it)
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 to 3 tbsp oil for stir fry

Direction:
  1. Heat oil in a wok on high heat
  2. Add onion, stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, until a bit soft
  3. Add in the ground beef, stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes
  4. Pour in the rest of the sauces, continue to stir fry until the meat is cooked and somewhat dry.  At this point, do a taste sample and add some, if not all the sauces if necessary
  5. Finally add the green bell pepper and Thai chillies, stir fry for a minute or two longer to mix them into the beef.  Put on serving plate and ready to serve

2 comments:

  1. Great day! I'm so lucky because I found your blog and I learned a new recipe for today. Indeed, I'm looking a stir fry sauce recipe that is easy to prepare and delicious. I will try this one tomorrow for our dinner. Thank you!.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...