Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken

Everybody seems to like teriyaki sauce, be it with chicken, beef, fish or other ingredients.  The most popular one is probably teriyaki chicken, my family is no exception.  We make it once in a while when we crave for it.  Although it is healthier to make the sauce from scratch and it is not very difficult to do so, most of the time we opt to use store bought sauce for convenient sake.  We have tried a few different brands but we prefer "Mr. Yoshida's marinade & cooking sauce - original gourmet, sweet & savory".  We get it at Costco.  The one thing I don't like in the ingredients is the high fructose corn syrup, which is probably why the sauce is really good.  As long as we don't eat it too often, I would say it's not a big deal.  I do try to avoid high fructose corn syrup whenever I could in foods or drinks.  I have tried to make teriyaki sauce from scratch a long time ago but I recall it didn't turn out very good and have never tried it again since then, which I should.  When I do, I will post the result and update this recipe.  In the meantime, here's teriyaki chicken recipe using ready made sauce.

Teriyaki Chicken


Ingredients:
  • 2 slabs of chicken thighs or drumsticks or any type of chicken meat
  • Enough teriyaki sauce to cover the meat for marinade, preferably overnight

Direction:
  1. Preheat oven at 350 degree F
  2. Bake chicken until cooked, between 20 to 35 minutes depending on the type of meat (with bone or without)
  3. For shiny texture, take chicken out from the oven when it is almost done, brush it with new teriyaki sauce, bake it again until the meat is fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...